Monday, June 16, 2008

Welcome

Hi, I'm Steve Johnson. You may know me from my work on QAGS (the Quick Ass Game System), Spooky: The Definitive Guide to Horror Gaming and other fine gaming products from Hex Games. If you're into that gaming crap, visit the Hex site or our soon-to-be-relaunching sister site, The Death Cookie. This blog isn't about gaming, it's about other stuff.

"What kind of other stuff?" you ask, and I've got an answer. Outside of gaming, my interests fall into three broad categories: Forteana, Pop Culture (especially music), and Politics. Most readers will already be familiar with the latter two, but may wonder what the heck "Forteana" means. Again, I have the answers you seek. Forteana is a catch-all name for all kinds of weird stuff: fringe science, ghost hunting, ufo lore, medical oddities, urban legends, oddball religion, etc., etc. The term gets its name from Charles Fort, an early 20th Century writer and philosopher who you'll learn more about in my next post.

While most posts here on Goat Head Gumbo will focus on one of the three aforementioned topics, from time to time we'll run into cases where two, or even all three, subjects intersect in interesting ways.

No comments: